Talisman Series 1
Catch Up Readers
Designed for older students, these books can be used to either teach or reinforce new and already learned decoding skills. All seven progressive phonics series (Moon Dogs to Titan's Gauntlet) feature action-packed stories divided into books with about 300 words each, with the conclusion of the story in each sets final book.
Features of Catch Up Readers
•Designed for guided or independent reading
•Ideal for practicing specific decoding patterns in the context of a larger narrative
•Text is supported by color pictures on each page
•Each book focuses on a set of sound-spellings for readers to practice
•Action-packed stories in short books (about 300 words each)
Talisman Series 1
The Talisman Series set #1 includes 10 fantasy/adventure stories for students ages 8 through 14 that introduce more alternative spellings for the vowel sounds: ae, oe er ow/oi, oo, ie, or, air, and ar. To promote interest, the series features one continuous story when read in sequence, and continues the story started in the Totem Series.
Ten books introducing alternative vowel spellings.
• Book 1: ‘ae’: ay, ai, a, a-e, ea, ey
• Book 2: ‘ee’: ee, ea, y, e, ie, e-e, ei
• Book 3: ‘oe’: ow, oa, oe, o-e, o
• Book 4: ‘er’: , er, ir, ur,or, ear
• Book 5: ‘ow”oi’: ow, ou & oi, oy
• Book 6: ‘oo’: oo, ue, u-e, ew, ou, u
• Book 7:‘ie’: igh, ie, i-e, i, y
• Book 8: ‘or’:or, ore, a, aw, awe, au, ar, al, ough
• Book 9: ‘air’: air, are, ear, ere, eir
• Book 10: ‘ar’: ar, a, al, au, ear
Zak lives with his Grandpa, who raised him after his parents died. On his 13th birthday, his Grandpa gives him a strange gift, a talisman. Never take it off. It will protect you. One day, it might even save your life, his Grandpa said. But somebody else wanted th... (more)