Visualizing and Verbalizing Vanilla Vocabulary Levels 1 (Grades K-3) and 2 (Grades 4-8) develop beginning and intermediate level vocabulary with imagery. Each word entry includes an easy-to-read definition and is used in four sentences for the individual to visualize and verbalize. Students compose their own sentence using the word in context to further reinforce meaning.
- Excellent resource for students with weak vocabulary skills - Not knowing the meaning of the words impedes the ability to visualize & verbalize; OR
- Use Vanilla Vocabulary independently to increase vocabulary skills in adults or children.
- Great for developing vocabulary of ESL students!
Each entry also includes a section for the individual to compose their own sentence, along with four sentences to create meaning and imagery for each word.
- High in imagery
- Easy-to-read definitions
- Increases vocabulary
- Builds imaging skills
- Develops concept imagery
- Tools to visualize and verbalize word meaning
- Companion readers use all words in context in funny stories Accompanying Gunny & Ivan Adventure Readers
The read-aloud books Ivan Sleeps Over (Level 1) and Ivan, King of the Neighborhood (Level 2) were written to include the words from Vanilla Vocabulary in context, while presenting the hilarious adventures of Ivan the Cat.