Each of the six books in the Practical Math in context presents topics students are likely to encounter in everyday life. Mastery of practical math skills is the overarching goal of the series. Each book includes problems that involve estimation, equation, mental math, calculators, and critical thinking. Each book includes additional concept-specific skills such as graphing, averages, statistics, ratios and measurement. The series is appropriate for use with small groups, a full class, or by independent learners. Highlights:
- Worktext format combines the instructional core of a textbook with the built-in response mode of a workbook
- Each unit begins with a preview lesson, which models and explains the types of problems students will encounter in the unit
- Each unit ends with a review of the unit concepts.
- Both illustrations and graphic art are used to support the instruction and maintain interest
- A variety of problem types and games are used to sharpen critical thinking skills throughout the program Complete Set includes all 6 workbooks and 6 accompanying answer keys.