Out of the myriad of splendid achievements of men and women in the 19th and 20th centuries, five outstanding individuals have been chosen whose exploits will forever garner respect, admiration, and awe. Great historical information for students.
The Adventure in History Series includes five great stories that keep students reading:
• Alfred Nobel - Men and women, heretofore unrecognized, are now honored thanks to the foresight of the "dynamic king."
• Amelia Earhart - A colorful portrait of one of aviation's most renowned pioneers.
• Edmund Hillary - If a mountain was nearby, he had to climb it, leading ultimately to the conquest of Mount Everest.
• Lewis and Clark - A new look at the heroic deeds of America's most famous "dynamic duo."
• Robert Peary and Matthew Henson - The story of two men's determination to reach their goal undaunted by the forces of nature and man.
Also includes Adventures in History Workbook
Activities that build comprehension, recall, decoding skills, sequencing, and vocabulary development are presented for each novel. This Teachers Edition reproducible workbook is an 81/2x11, 64 pp. softcover with easy-to-use answer sheets for quick scoring.
Complete Set includes the Set of 5 books and Workbook. Components may be purchased separately.