Engage your most struggling readers in grades 3-8 with Red Rhino Nonfiction!
This series is ideal for struggling readers who are in need of age-appropriate subjects at a low reading level. Red Rhino Nonfiction is the first hi-lo children’s nonfiction series at a first grade reading level for students in grades 3–8.
Visually appealing full-color photographs and illustrations—along with fun fact boxes—keep these books flowing. Also includes pre-reading comprehension questions along with a 20 word glossary for further reading support.
They are a good step from Sound Out Chapter Books in that the type size is slightly smaller and sentence length is short. Illustrations are included on every page spread, which should aid struggling readers and keep them turning the pages!
There are 25 titles in the series;
• Monsters in the Deep - Stories about monsters lurking in our lakes and oceans have been around for thousands of years, but are they true, or can these beasts be scientifically explained.
• Monsters on Land - Is there mounting evidence from eyewitness stories and grainy photographs proving the existence of monsters like Bigfoot or Yeti, or do people see what they want to see?
• Drones - Whether large or small, unmanned drones are used in some interesting ways by both the military and private sector, from spying to firefighting to protecting endangered animals.
• Witchcraft - Your next door neighbor may be a witch with a regular day job, who practices magic, gathers with other witches in a coven, and continues to fight stereotypes every day.
• Wormholes - Are there white holes in space? Who said space and time are the same? Why do wormholes exist? How fast does light travel? What if you could time travel?
• Virtual Reality - What is virtual reality? Can a glove save lives? ... (more)