Testing Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Ages: 4 to Adult The Comprehensive Receptive and Expressive Vocabulary Test - Second Edition (CREVT-2) is an innovative, efficient measure of both receptive and expressive oral vocabulary. The CREVT-2 has two subtests and is based on the most current theories of vocabulary development. The CREVT-2 will rapidly become the new standard in vocabulary assessment! Unique Features of the new CREVT-2
- Full-color photographs are used in the Receptive Vocabulary Subtest.
- Two equivalent forms are available.
- All words tested are appropriate for children and adults.
- All words are related to familiar, everyday concepts.
- Characteristics of the 2,545 person normative sample relative to socioeconomic factors, gender, disability, and other critical variables are the same as those reported in the 2000 census and are therefore representative of the current population.
- The norms have been stratified by age.
- Studies showing the absence of gender, racial, linguistic, disability, and ethnic bias have been added.
- Reliability coefficients are provided for subgroups (e.g., individuals with disabilities, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, gender groups) as well as for the entire normative sample.
- Many new validity studies have been conducted; special attention has been devoted to showing that the test is valid for a wide variety of subgroups as well as for the general population.
- Gender and ethnic factors have been considered; items are shown to be unbiased.
- Each item on the test was reevaluated using both conventional item analyses to choose “good” items and the differential functioning analysis to find and eliminate potentially biased items.
- The CREVT-2's age range has been extended to include adults; it is now for all people between the ages of 4-0 and 89-11.
- Subtests are quick to administer and easy to score. Uses of the new CREVT-2
- Identify student... (more)