These stories can be used by students and teachers who have learned the phonemic sequencing principles presented in the Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing (LiPS) Program. They follow the Vertical Path of sound introduction presented in the LiPS Teacher's Manual. They can also be used by students of any age who are learning to read accurately and who want appealing, interesting, and enjoyable reading materials. The program includes 42 short stories written to delight and inform your students. These are organized into eight chapter books.
The context of each P.A.S. story is itemized according to:
1) consonant sounds used
2) vowel sounds used
3) alternate spellings introduced expectancies (rules) used
4) sight words introduced
5) pronunciation and spelling
The accompanying Teacher's Manual further informs students and teachers about English language organization.
The P.A.S. Stories were designed with features that focus on basic principles that help foster interest in beginning readers:
- English sounds and letters work and play together in a "fair" system. - Pictures that make stories more fun and informative.
- English is predictable. - Chapter books are appealing.
- English words are enjoyable. - English pronunciation and spelling are systematic.
- Many English words are short.
The Complete Program includes the 8 books and accompanying Teacher's Guide.