Catch Up Readers
Designed for older students, these books can be used to either teach or reinforce new and already learned decoding skills. All seven progressive phonics series (Moon Dogs to Titan's Gauntlet) feature action-packed stories divided into books with about 300 words each, with the conclusion of the story in each sets final book.
Features of Catch Up Readers
•Designed for guided or independent reading
•Ideal for practicing specific decoding patterns in the context of a larger narrative
•Text is supported by color pictures on each page
•Each book focuses on a set of sound-spellings for readers to practice
•Action-packed stories in short books (about 300 words each)
This series of 10 books introduces more alternative spellings for vowel sounds. Each title has 16 pages in full color, with exciting and motivating stories and illustrations.
Ten books introducing alternative vowel spellings.
• Book 1: 'ae' (ay, ai, a, a-e, ea, ey)
• Book 2: 'ee' (ee, ea, y, e, ie, e-e, ei)
• Book 3: 'oe' (ow, oa, oe, o-e, o)
• Book 4: 'er' (er, ir, ur, or, ear)
• Book 5: 'ow' 'oi' (ow, ou, & oi, oy)
• Book 6: 'oo' (oo, ue, u-e, ew, ou, u)
• Book 7: 'ie' (ugh, ie, i-e, i, y)
• Book 8: 'or' (or, ore, a, aw, awe, au, ar, al ough)
• Book 9: 'air' (air, are, ear, ere, eir)
• Book 10: 'ar' (ar, a, al, au, ear)
It is a hot, sunny day. Erin is babysitting her baby brother. Her friend, Danny, skates over to see her. Neither of them knows this is the start of an epic adventure!
The Alba Series is available on the Accelerated Reader programme.