The "Take Ten" offers a powerful library of motivating readers appealing to all interests with eight popular themes: horror; fantasy; chillers; thrillers; mystery; adventure; romance and sports. These short chapter books (7"x 4.25" - 45 to 64 pp) are perfect for readers who are discouraged by longer novels, but long enough for complete plot development.
The "Take 10" Adventure Series includes five great stories that keep students reading:
- The Great UFO Frame-Up
- Swamp Furies
- The Seal Killers
- Mean Waters
A Reproducible Teacher's Resource Guide covers the entire "Take Ten" Adventure series and provides the same 6 consistent tasks for each story:
- Pre-Reading Vocabulary (Group-Vocabulary Dictionary Skills)
- Pre-Reading Survey (Collaborative Preconceptions, Knowledge of Subject)
- Strip Story (Cooperative-Comprehension, Organizational Skills)
- CLOZE Activity (Group or Individual-Vocabulary, Comprehension)
- Writing (Group or Individual-Writing Skills)
- Assessment (Individual-Writing Skills)
"Take Ten" Adventures Complete Set Includes: 5 books (1 of each title) + Reproducible Resource Guide.
Components may be purchased separately.